Thursday 3 November 2011

Planning a Music Magazine

My target audience for my magazine will be teenagers who listen to mainstream music, as they are normally the people who buy them and keep up to date with music, therefore it will sell more if I aim it at them. By having a mainstream magazine, my magazine will show all main music types, as I gathered from my survey that most people had a wide range of favourite music types. Therefore I think it will be more effective to have all types of music as it will attract a broader range of people with different tastes. It will also be more appealing because people who like a lot of different music don’t have to buy loads of magazines they can just buy one. My magazine will be released monthly as then it can give a review of the month in advance. This will attract teenagers because if I release it monthly it will cost them less money and this will appeal to them more as they don’t have their own income.
          I want to make my music magazine relatively cheap as my target audience is teenagers and they do not have their own income, so if it’s cheaper it will attract them more. I aim to charge around two pound fifty, because it’s not too expensive and it only comes out monthly so they only have to pay it once a month.  I want to make my magazine a glossy magazine because I think it looks more attractive and it rips less easily, and if someone wants to keep it for the month it will be less likely to break. Also if I want to include a lot of pictures, they would look better on glossy paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment