Wednesday 1 February 2012

Article

In the images my article isnt very clear and easy to read as the text is quite small, so here is a copy of the article so it can be read easier.

Sabina Aveiro first stormed onto our radio stations in 2008 with her debut single ‘Light up my world’. Since then she has become a global pop sensation, with hit songs in most countries across the world including America. But in 2010, she stole the heart of rapper J Cole and his was something that really caught the media’s attention, especially when things took a turn for the worse. Rumours spurted and the eventually broke up on bad terms. Today Sabina exclusively tells ‘Remix’ about her relationship with J Cole and how she is moving on to bigger and better things with the release of her new album ‘Life without you’.
Hi there Sabina, so it’s been a tough year or so for you right?
Yes, this time in my life has been one of my biggest challenges, but it goes to show that I can overcome everything that’s been thrown at me. I’d like to think that I can learn from the experiences I have had in love and life. This whole experience of being a pop star has helped me find myself and discover what I want to do. It has opened many doors for me and I can happily say I have no regretted anything I have done.
So tell us about how you first met your ex boyfriend, J Cole?
It was when my first album come out and I was on tour in America. We were both doing shows in the same area and both our mangers had told us to go to this club in LA. When we got there loads of other celebrities were there and i was talking to my friend when he came over and told me he was a huge fan of my work. We started talking about music and tour dates and he said he would be in London next, so I said we should meet up. When we were chatting I felt like I had known him my whole life, we were so similar, from music tastes to food. We had an instant connection and I really liked his personality.
Did you fancy him straight away? Or did your feelings for him take a while to surface?
There’s no denying he’s a handsome man, and I’ve always seen him as quite attractive, so when he first came over I was a bit shocked. I wouldn’t say i fancied him straight away but there was an instant connection between us and we got along really well. My feelings for him started when we were meeting up more. At first we were just friends and our relationship grew out of that.
So when did it become clear to you that you wanted to be more than just friends?
I think it was clearer to him first, because we had met up a few times as friends, and then things became flirtier on his half. He first told me he liked me when we were having lunch at a cafe whilst I was in America. I honestly didn’t know what to say because at that point we were really good friends and I had never looked at him that way. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to risk our close relationship as friends for a more intimate one. I felt really bad because I was just speechless. The next day I was heading home to England so I had time to think about what I wanted, and I realised that he made me happy. It was then I realised I wanted something serious with him, so we talked about it and decided to give our relationship a chance to see if we could make something out of it.
Okay, after that it seemed as if you two were joined at the hip. Was he a controlling boyfriend?
                I wouldn’t say he was controlling because he never made me do things I didn’t want to and he never tried to change me as a person. He was just a very jealous and sensitive boyfriend and he didn’t like that I had so many male friends. I don’t think that it helped us because we were both famous so the media played on this a lot which didn’t help his paranoia. If I went to an event , he had to come with me and he used to get really annoyed when other guys would compliment me or id get fan mail from men asking to marry me or be my boyfriend.
Was he a good boyfriend?
                I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart that he was the most caring, considerate and sweet boyfriend I had ever had. He always bought me presents, took me out and made me feel loved. Any girl would be lucky to have someone like him. If I was in London and he was in America he would call me and send me small gifts just to remind me of him. He was really lovely, the only thing bad about him was his jealousy, which I personally think came from the media and the rumours.
Was it a joint decision to split? Or do you think it was because of the rumours that were surfacing about you and footballer Theo Walcott?
My friendship with Theo defiantly made things worse, and when the papers started rumours that we were seeing each other it really hurt me and Jermaine. At this point we were at the lowest point in our relationship, and it got so bad that in the end I had to leave him. He was convinced that while I was in London I was sleeping with Theo. I tried to tell him how ridiculous this was because Theo and I had never been anything but close friends, but he wasn’t having any of it. That when I snapped, things had been boiling up between us for ages and we just had a huge argument. I told him that if we were to carry on he’d have to stop because I couldn’t take it anymore. He said he couldn’t trust me and that really hurt me. It was then I told him we needed a break, but he said that we should just leave it hear and not go no further. I was devastated but I do think it’s been the best thing for both of us. He seems happy now and I’ve herd our break up hasn’t effected him too badly.
Did the rumours put strain on yours a Theo’s friendship?
Unfortunately it did. Theo was with someone at the time and he was angry because he wanted to know where the rumours had come from. We stopped talking for months. I think that’s why I became so depressed; I had lost my two best friends. I’d never felt as alone as I did back then. My parents were in London while I was in LA trying to launch my new album, and most of my friends I had lost contact with because I was always with Jermaine.
But of course you didn’t stay down for long did you?
No, I realised there was no point in beating myself up over something that was out of my hands. I picked myself up and started working on all my new songs. I used all my experiences to write songs that my fans could relate to and really feel. I didn’t want to just sing songs about sex and money anymore; I wanted to sing songs about life. Writing songs really helped me to feel better and get my anger out.
Your new album, ‘Life without you’, is currently the UK number one album at the moment. Do you think that having all those bad experiences and writing about them made this album a number one?
Yes, because the songs and the emotions in them are real. There’s no falseness or songs made to sell, they are purely songs about life and all the little things you miss. I think that’s why the album has been such a success because my fans can relate to the emotions of heartbreak and friendship.
Do you miss what you had with Jermaine?
In all honesty, I really do. I don’t miss our relationship, but I miss our friendship. Through everything that happened, he was my best friend as well as my lover. I’ve never trusted someone as much as I trusted him, and it hurt so much when it was made clear he didn’t have the same faith in me as I did in him.
But are you glad that you’ve moved on?
Yes, I’m happy now. I’ve realised all I need is my close friends and my manger. Without her I wouldn’t be where I am today. I have a sell out tour, and number one album and I’m planning to launch my own clothing line. It looks like things are finally going my way.
So what are your plans for the future?
The first thing I am planning to do is go on holiday. I haven’t been on a holiday with my girl mates in ages and I think this is exactly what I need to get that last bit of closure. It’s also always been a dream of mine to see the world, so going on holiday to a few different places kind of ties into that. When I come back I want to make some more videos for songs on the album and begin on a new one. I may even go on tour. What I love at the moment is that life is an open book for me. One chapter has ended and I’m moving on to a new, bigger and better one. I can pretty much go into whatever I want but I defiantly want to stay music based as it has always been my passion, ever since I was little, but I’m not counting out some TV work or clothing lines. I’ve had a lot of offers, so I think at first I need to take a break and think, sort myself out and then plan for the future.
Sabina’s album ‘life without you’ is out now and you can purchase it at all HMV stores and on iTunes. If you would like tickets to her tour go online to our website, www.remixmag.com, and the link to take you to the box office is on the homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment